Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A bit about the blogger....

I will intersperse information about myself and my internship experiences throughout this blog space. I thought it only natural to share a little about myself first! My name is Samantha (Sam) Sanchez and I am a second year MPP graduate student at the ASU School of Public Affairs. I also received my undergraduate degrees in Journalism and Political Science from ASU. I currently live in Ahwatukee, with my fiance Carlos and I work full time for the Girl Scouts as a Public Relations and Communications Coordinator. I am also involved in advocacy and government relations work, as part of my job at the Girl Scouts. That is me in a nutshell! Stay tuned for future posts about me and the insider's scoop on the Town of Fountain Hills.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sam!
    We have the same name and almost the same last name! (mine also starts with an "S"). I enjoy reading your blog, I think I am going to learn a lot about the Town of Fountain Hills!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was involved in the Boy Scouts for many years, and I know both organizations are incredible at making an impact on children's lives. Has working with Foutain Hills helped you realize new ways approaching your job at Girl Scouts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Samantha! Ben, thats awesome! I agree, both organizations are great. Working at the Town of Fountain Hills definitiely helped me in terms of goverment relations. The Girl Scouts are starting to become more involved in advocacy and public policy efforts, so building relationships with officials is key. Working at the Town of Fountain Hills gave me some insight and tips for building those relationships, key messaging and the internal processes of some of these government agencies :)

    ReplyDelete