Monday, September 27, 2010

Reaching out to the community

Like I have mentioned, the Town of Fountain Hills is very small-town focused, so the residents there are very involved in community activities and policies, and are active in decisions regarding the town. One of my responsibilities working in the Community Affairs department was to compose town-government press releases and post them to the town's website. These ranged from community events promotion such as senior citizens activities as well as information from the recent town council meetings and details on town infratrucutre and bugdet concerns. Residents from the town looked forward to these postings, as keeping up with the latest community news is extremely important to them.
Check out the lastest news from the Town of Fountain Hills.
http://www.fh.az.gov/news.aspx

2 comments:

  1. When we first moved here 23 years ago, we would drive out to Fountain Hills about once a month or so to the park in your picture. We have not been there for 15 years or more now. It's crazy to think it has been that long. I guess I should have read more closely, but do you live in Fountain Hills or do you drive out there everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually live in Ahwatukee. Which is polar opposite Fountain Hills! However I worked in a hybrid type situation where I did alot of work downtown or at home, and only had to drive out there a few times. Which was bittersweet. I would have loved to be more in the center of it all on a daily basis, but there was no way I could make it out there everyday! What part of Arizona do you live in?

    ReplyDelete