Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Community get-togethers and leisure afternoons

The Town of Fountain Hills continues to be a great example of a close-knit community. As part of my responsibilities I had to get the word out about upcoming events, neighborhood gatherings and community news in general through web and social media. These events are so important to the community, and when they are missing..the phones will ring! But I have to say there's something to be said about community involvement. Some favorite activities were "concerts in the park" where local and traveling musicians would perform for the community, movie nights, pot lucks and hot air balloon extravaganzas! I wonder how our world would change if more cities behaved this way? I welcome your feedback :)

4 comments:

  1. How many citizens typically attend Fountain Hills' events? What other ways does the Town market events besides social media?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite seriously involved in variety of community services. This tells me you dedicate some of your spare time to help your community improve. I realized that you are a busy individual from looking at your posts. However, I see that you are somehow having a lot of fun times. You get to see those excited community events. I think that those events can help you refresh your mind because they are fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending a good portion of my childhood in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I can't help but love hot air balloons. If you enjoy hot air balloon events and have a spare weekend, there is nothing like the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be great if everyone was involved in their community. If all families would take an active part in the community then they would be a safe place to raise families. Congratulations on helping make your community so interactive.

    ReplyDelete