Saturday, October 16, 2010

Explorations of social media

Its really interesting how social media has taken the world over. No longer are we in the day's where we anxiously await the daily newspaper that was "hot off the press." There are some of those folks still out there, but I would call them a niche population at this point, along with magazine readers. The majority of the world is now online, hence the emergence of blogs...like the one your reading now....and online news sites and now social media. The Town of Fountain Hills, wanting to keep up with the times and its community was all for exploring new ways to communicate. I was charged with finding creative ways of relaying government information and news to the community via social media. I explored some content management options and decided on co-tweet for the town's twitter page. Its really such a useful system. Co-tweet allows you to schedule out information and plan ahead for future events etc through content management. I then linked our website to our social media outlets. In phase 3 of the Facebook fiasco, this week I created a neutral separate email account for use with the upcoming Facebook page. This way there was no conflict with my or my advisor's personal pages and the new page I was creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment