Thursday, December 9, 2010

When your boss announces her resignation...

When I originally signed up for this internship, it was for a one year comittment. This intrigued me and i was anxious to get some experience working for local government. Towards the end of the internship I had noticed my boss becoming more distant and she was out of the office more. Then the truth had come out. She was resigning from her position and I no longer had an internship. I was extremely disheartened to say the least. Even though I had noticed a change in my boss, I didn't expect this news. So I finished up the last week and that was it. So I got approximately four months of experience under my belt when I was expecting 12. However, with that being said, I am grateful for the time I had and the experience I did receive during my time with the Town of Fountain Hills. It has given me more communication skills and a taste of working for small, local government.

1 comment:

  1. That's gotta be tough. I'm sure you'll find another avenue to gain some experience and help build your resume though!

    ReplyDelete